Many people live their life with a lack of clarity, no dreams and lack fulfilment. Many of us are simply numbing ourselves to get through another day…
One of the most popular methods to numb ourselves is alcohol with recent statistics by the ABS showing that alcohol use has risen at its fastest rate in a decade, and Australians are now drinking more beer, wine and spirits than at any time since 2011. However, drinking brings little fulfilment to one’s life.
A more positive way way to improve your clarity and purpose in life is to adopt the 10x thinking methodology.
Grant Cardone, a New York Times Bestselling Author wrote an amazing book called ‘The 10X Rule’. He explains that this is the difference between success and failure.
To become a 10X Thinker one must follow these principles:
- Set goals and/or targets 10 times higher than your initial thoughts
- Cease competing with others and look for opportunities to dominate your industry
- Build your resilience level and adopt a ‘Whatever It Takes’ mindset.
- Have the courage to take massive action towards your 10x goal by consistently producing and innovating. This requires consistent daily action to increase momentum and motivation.
- Instead of focusing on contracting everything in your life, start to expand and grow. Contracting completely goes against the 10X Rule as it is a form of self-protection and defensiveness. To continue on the 10X path, one must take risks and deal with a innumerable challenges on a daily basis. The amount of challenges we have in life directly correlates to the level of wealth we create.
Acceptance of an average and mediocre life is not truly living life, it is only when one truly decides to commit to their vision that one can experience a 10X level in every area of our life.
To quote from Cardone: ‘I suggest you become obsessed about the things you want; otherwise, you are going to spend a lifetime being obsessed with making up excuses as to why you didn’t get the life you wanted’.